djfish's studio

3/08/2009

The Teacher -BBC

Today,I come across one BBC English program,named The Teacher.it's quite like the homework Sheila gave us last week.In every session,there are three idiom using the same word.You can download mp4 video and script on the website.
the idiom is easy and the teacher is so funny!
The open:
Hello, I’m a very interesting and intelligent man.

website:http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/learningenglish/language/theteacher/
do you know all the idiom below? Answers can be found on the website above.
  • There's something fishy about this
  • A big fish in a small pond
  • A fish out of water
  • To eat like a horse
  • Straight from the horse's mouth
  • To flog a dead horse
  • Birdbrain
  • To have a bird's eye view
  • A little bird told me
  • Pigs might fly
  • This place is a pigsty
  • To make a pig's ear of something
  • There isn't enough room to swing a cat
  • To let the cat out of the bag
  • To put the cat among the pigeons
  • Knee-high to a grasshopper
  • To have butterflies in your stomach
  • To have ants in your pants
  • To be in the dog house
  • The hair of the dog
  • To make a dog's dinner of something
  • Busy as a bee
  • The bee's knees
  • To have a bee in your bonnet
  • To monkey around
  • Monkey business
  • To make a monkey out of someone
  • To go bananas
  • It's a case of sour grapes
  • A second bite of the cherry
  • It's a hot potato
  • A carrot and a stick
  • Like two peas in a pod
  • To be full of beans
  • I haven't got a bean
  • To spill the beans
  • He's a bad egg
  • Don't put all of your eggs in one basket
  • He's got egg on his face
  • It's not my cup of tea
  • I wouldn't do it for all the tea in China
  • It's as good as a chocolate teapot.
  • It's as easy as pie
  • To be pie-eyed
  • To have a finger in many pies.
  • They're up in arms
  • I'd give my right arm to do it
  • He's twisting my arm
  • I'm pulling your leg
  • It cost an arm and a leg
  • You haven't got a leg to stand on
  • They're up in arms
  • I'd give my right arm to do it
  • He's twisting my arm
  • I've got itchy feet
  • I got cold feet
  • I shot myself in the foot
  • They're up in arms
  • I'd give my right arm to do it
  • He's twisting my arm
  • It's like banging your head against a brick wall
  • He's got his head in the clouds
  • An old head on young shoulders
  • It's black and white
  • As white as a sheet
  • A white-knuckle ride


No comments:

Post a Comment