djfish's studio

3/05/2009

Do not wash dirty linen in public

Today supervision time,meet Dave,I have got no product to show him.Just said no progress.
Dave warned me that I was lack of initiative.And it was boring to lecture me.He hopes his student can bring some producing to him,no matter there are good or bad results in it.
"research is a process of making mistake,it's nature,everyone makes mistake.You can show me what you have done last week and we can discuss the problem."
Chinese always like to show good things to others.maybe several months pased,they said no prograss,then at the last week show off a perfect result like a present.It doesn't work in doing research here.if you are using this way,you have been to wrong place and choose wrong supervisor.
Supervion is meaningless and you will get no benefit.He does not what to see any of his students fail the phd.
I have to say Dave is a smart&nice supervisor.His view on Chinese students is right.
we are used to show the best side of us to others,don't want to be looked like a loser.So called,tears behind the smile.
From study to reseach,I need to bridge the gap.
Next time when i meet dave,i'll ask question of my research problem,if there is no problem,i'll make some.


No comments:

Post a Comment